Tuesday 27 March 2018

Shop small – my favourite boutique baby brands for SS18



VEST: GARDNER AND THE GANG; TEDDY PRINT: PHOTO TYPEWRITER


I’m not much of a shopper these days – I haven’t the patience for navigating the too-narrow-for-a-pram aisles of women’s clothes stores, nor the notion of undressing and redressing numerous times under the harsh lighting of cramped changing rooms. My wardrobe is a mishmash of feeding-friendly jumpers and dungarees, and occasionally swapping my well-worn pumps for a pair of sparkly boots is about as ‘FASHION’ as I get.

But when it comes to buying new glad rags for Teddy, I just can’t help myself.

The minute a popper snaps open under the strain of his ever-growing torso, I come over all giddy at the prospect of stocking up on new outfits for him.




Naturally – with play dates, unpredictable nappies, endless teething dribble and weaning debris to contend with – I favour the cheap, cheerful and easy to wash. Most days I dress Teddy (usually twice, as a result of the above) in something comfy from H&M or Zara, with one of Granny Fi’s finest knits thrown over the top.

The fact that he’s wearing clothes at all, not what he’s wearing, is of course what’s important. I’m not about to go all Trinny and Susannah on how to dress a baby.

But I do love to seek out a few outfits that are a little less ordinary, for those days when we try extra hard not to wind up splattered in sweet potato mush. Online stores are great for this. And if it means I’m supporting independent retailers along the way, all the merrier.

So with the promise (or should I say hope…?) of warmer months on the horizon, I thought I’d pull together a few of my favourite baby brands for spring and summer, and the boutiques selling them that aren’t shy of a discount code…


GARDNER AND THE GANG
Because who doesn’t need a lime green vest with a fluorescent, aviator-wearing horse head emblazoned on it? I love everything about this unisex brand, not least for its fun designs that are a match made for Teddy’s cheeky persona, but also for the super-soft fabric that can take a good washing. Based in Singapore, shipping is worldwide for a fee, but it makes sense to buy from stockists on home shores, especially because many have sales on right now. UK-based retailer Alex and Alexa has up to 30% off the range in its midseason sale, plus extra discounts if you sign up to its mailing list.



KIDULT & CO
Described as a British brand for little ones with attitude, I was drawn to Kidult & Co when hunting for Christmas outfits for Teddy last year – and I’ve been stocking up on its unique slogan tees and bodysuits ever since. The quality far exceeds the cost (around £12 for a bodysuit), and the designs are frame-worthy when they no longer fit. Check out the just-launched colourful line, perfect for summer days.  




NOE & ZOE BERLIN
Leggings with clouds on them, bright blue nautical stripes, a bunny print vest WITH A TAIL…! I can’t get enough of Noe & Zoe. It’s more payday treat than budget buy, unless you shop the brand’s generous online sale or head over to Millymog and get the benefit of a 10% new subscriber discount.


LEFT: BOBO CHOSES; RIGHT: NOE AND ZOE BERLIN

BOBO CHOSES
A standout brand, the designs have a playful vintage twist – think washed-out prints, 80s-style bloomers and terry-cloth rompers. Hunt for bargains at Millymog and Alex and Alexa.





INDIKIDUAL
A Brit-Swede mashup, this organic cotton clothing line goes big on stylish block colouring and whimsical prints. These cacti-covered joggers were a steal from Sidneyboo, which offers 15% off your first order and has a browse-worthy outlet alongside its full-priced collection.














SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Ted & Ginger
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig