Sunday 10 December 2017

Baby's first Christmas: a gift guide


Its a fine line isnt it – ensuring your babys first Christmas is special without going OTT on the gift buying. Teddy will barely be three months old come December 25th and will be oblivious to the festive merriment, but I still want the day to be memorable – for my sake.

So Ive been on the hunt for gifts he can (attempt to) unwrap that will both entertain him now and aid his development in the months to come. Heres what’s on his Christmas list this year…






Globe Totters City Block
I love how vibrant this soft play block is. Each side is decorated with a colourful depiction of a New York landmark or scene, while the bell inside and grabbable tags provide added interest for little ears and hands. Bonus: the fabric and filling are 100% organic cotton and the ink used for the prints is non-toxic. Mr R and I visited NYC on our honeymoon last year and cant wait to return when Teddy is a little older – this toy means we can show him some of the sights before we get there! Other city blocks include London, Paris and Sydney.


Pull Along Wooden Dog With Xylophone
Meet Montgomery – isn’t he adorable! I have a soft spot for the traditional and the huge range of wooden toys at Sarah and Bendrix won me over the moment I set eyes on it (I may have some of these sweet cars lingering in my shopping basket too…). Beautifully hand crafted with untreated beech wood, the darling dog plays music as he’s pulled along the floor. Admittedly, Teddy is too young to work Montgomery on his own right now, but I know he’s going to love following the tune around the room as I do it for him. This is a real heirloom toy, arriving in a personalised bag with a little greeting that brought a tear to my eye (those darn hormones!). Just gorgeous.


Hamleys hand puppet
At last, I have an excuse to browse London’s most revered toy shop. We took Teddy into town to see the Christmas lights earlier this week and I couldn’t resist veering away from the hustle and bustle of Regent Street to see what treasures were in store. The chaotic reality didn’t quite live up to the Duncan’s Toy Chest dream, but we came away with this furry friend to go in Ted’s stocking – a fun way to work on his visual tracking now and a toy he’ll enjoy playing with in years to come.

Books
Curling up with a good book is even more enjoyable now I have a baby to read to. Rummaging in our local bookstore for my own childhood favourites such as The Jolly Postman and discovering new gems including Guess How Much I Love You and (aptly titled) Playtime With Ted is resulting in quite the library in Teddy’s nursery. I like to think he finds them more interesting than me simply reading the newspaper to him…



Sigikid Baby Bowling
Another toy for a few months down the line – and something the pup is sure to jostle for – but how much fun Teddy will have cuddling and knocking these soft skittles over in the meantime. Each one has a different animal character on top, and I love how tactile and colourful each one is. Theyre machine washable too, which is obviously a plus!



A little man cave
This I am so excited about. Ive been taking the little man to a baby sensory class and he LOVES it. Its heartening to see how his skills are developing each week, too. So we’re creating a sensory teepee for him at home, complete with squishy play mat, flashing disco lights, sleigh bells and textured activity balls – not forgetting this sign by online independent store Lovely Ink to go at the door. It’s still under construction, ready for the big reveal on Christmas morning, but I’ll be sure to post a picture on my Instagram feed – hopefully with a smiling baby inside!












SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Ted & Ginger
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig